View Single Post
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Ali_rshojakhani View Post
With not much more than mearly a few months of the release of n900 and maemo 5, the maemo team are already going towards MeeGo... how do you hink it would effect the consumers and the the whole maemo 5 project...
IMO nokia has done a Bad job supporting the maemo 5 os [although it being somewhat open source]... nokia maemo-select's wallpapers and themes are still saying coming soon, prisimic wallpaper maker is still not done... the n900 still has a whole lot of bugs to be fixed...
what would become of this community trying so hard too achieve a great tablet/phone experience???

I am a proud owner of an n900 and i love my phone.... i just want to know if purchasing an n900 at such a high price was a mistake... or a decission made too soon??
I don't see how it makes any difference - the issues with MeeGo are pretty much the same as those with Maemo 6. There may be one or two added issues with changes to packaging formats, and possibly to things like init scripts, but these are issues that the vast majority of current Linux software already faces and deals with.