View Single Post
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
Indeed if you find my post this is what I said. Apple broke MTP programs, not removed the support..It worked fine with the file tranfer app which we deemed good enough to deal with the "Apple not supporting common standards" problem.
I appreciate you have limited resources but it's obviously a bit of a gamble ceding an important part of the user experience to Apple and Google in this way.

Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
Unfortunately there are no resources to write apps for random Os-es out there. Which is also why we do not support Windows XP either explicitly (although it works there with some convincing and updates)
I doubt anyone would expect Jolla to support Windows XP which is due to exit paid-for support next year (finally). The latest version of OSX however isn't a 'random OS' and since we're dealing with early adopters, non-business users and geeks there's probably a disproportionate amount of Mac users in Jolla's customer base.

As I said earlier, I'm ok with transferring files via sshfs over wifi but that's not really going to wash with less technical users who are used to just plugging a cable in.