View Single Post
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
And since the scam continues all around us, I fear that jolla will start $$$ for updates to get rid of the scam.

Something like: You can wait forever and we pay you back once we have billions of dollars in an russian bank account or you can buy this 2.4.3.1 OmpaScubaJarvi for $100
Currently the Jolla strategy seem to always include even the first device in update (so they can show to compete nicely on long-term support).
And limit the premium care over time (1 year).

(You will be able to get 3.1.0.69 "WhateverLakeBj0rk", but you won't be able to file tickets on the official care service if the update suddenly eats your data
Wait would *that* be their future financing plan, extorting people thorugh buggy update ? I though Microsoft patented that business plan exclusively...).

Solve the refund,
I doubt they'll manage to do it in any short time.
They receive some money from investors, but the investors wouldn't be happy if money isn't invested into what they would like but into some pure-PR refunds.
The only money they can manage to put into refund is any pure profits they make, and they aren't making that much currently.

the android update
Not technically possible with current Alien Dalvik (limited to compatibility with Dalvik JIT engine thus limited to Andoird 4.4 Kitkat).
You would need something like Andbox getting mature enough to run later versions.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post: