View Single Post
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post

Which capacitive touch screen are you referring to?

Both text input methods take time to get used to; learning curve.

When I write something I sometimes want to read or see what I'm replying to during writing. Full focus allows better focus and less distraction but has also its disadvantages.

Same for virtual keyboard. A virtual keyboard takes away a considerable part of the screen. Especially in landscape mode this is irritating me. while in portrait mode I make too many mistakes on input keys (experience comes from iPod touch).
I was referring to the Iphone. Typing on the n97 is a chore. This is one of the main reasons I want to write a virtual keyboard for the n900. That and the virtual keyboard layout is just bonkers imo. If the n900 keyboard is better then I may not have a problem with it but virtual typing is still better for me personally. Yes there is a learning curve but once you get over that hump you'll be amazed at how fast you'll be able to type.

The n900 has a considerably higher resolution then the iPhone so a properly designed vkey board should only take up about 40% of the screen. Considering that you really only need to see the text field you are typing into then it's really not that big of a deal.

The Following User Says Thank You to sevla For This Useful Post: