View Single Post
Originally Posted by jukk View Post
2.1.1 was never officially released. If you have early access or if you update from command line, you can update to 2.1.1 (unless it was completely withdrawn?) and now also to 2.1.2.3. My tablet is on 2.1.1 because I updated from command line (it is nagging about updating(!) to 2.1.0, though).
Just to debunk some myths:

SFOS 2.1.1.26 was available as an official OS update for a few days. I am not an Early Access subscriber and received it this way on my two sbj1.
And it is not "completely pulled", as that would cause havoc for those having SFOS 2.1.1 installed, when installing additional packages from Jolla's repos.
So it sounds to me that something went slightly wrong with your CLI update to 2.1.1 (device "is nagging about updating(!) to 2.1.0").

WRT Jolla's advice to uninstall Call Recorder before any SFOS upgrade:
IMO it does not have to be uninstalled (as it is not replacing SFOS RPMs), but one has to ensure that its service is not running when upgrading, otherwise your device will likely be screwed. So this is a dangerous route (forgetting to will probably lead you to a Factory Reset), thus it is well understandable that Jolla simply advises to uninstall it before upgrading.

Last edited by olf; 2017-10-04 at 17:54.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post: