View Single Post
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
I'll ask again - will you post your community related comments where they belong?
I am - logic dictates that work on a port should be done surrounding the project that it's trying to port. Just like Gentoo on N8x0 people work in Gentoo trees, for instance.

Take it up with council and if you're not satisfied with my work direction and make them give me direction. This does not belong in this thread, or for that sake, in this forum subsection.

I have four paths in my work, no more, no less (this is matching my reporting tools) - 30 hours weekly to fit these things in. Fact is that I use a lot more than those hours, though not as compressed as a work day, because I do care about these things.

MeeGo on N900 hardware adaptation work, where I do good work to make sure N900 users are not left behind. Using my knowledge from Mer to do good.

Harmattan on N900 work (upcoming), using my experience from
Maemo-on-OMAP and work above (which some people might have called a detour, but is it a detour now?)

MeeGo on N8x0 as I can help with that with the above experiences and there's other people in the N900 hardware adaptation team that are interested in having a 'hobby' porting project as well, because well it's fun!

Distmaster AOB - Helping out where I can, pointing people in the right direction with issues, various processes.

And we're discussing where I'm reporting? Come on. The important part is that the work is getting done and there's a place you can read about it in an accessible manner.

I don't want to have a bitter taste in my mouth after trying to do something for older device owners and being met with hostility - because I do care about the old devices. And I don't want to feel bitter or stop caring. I'm not that kind of person. What happened to the friendly and innovative atmosphere we used to have here?
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post: