View Single Post
Greetings.... Again!

My Bluetooth system in my car has a feature where (If Available) the entire contacts list can be transfered from phone to car audio system. even the N95 prior to my N900 had this feature. it simply meant that in the UNLIKELY event that voice dialing was not possible, that you could simply scroll through your contacts list (Phone still in Briefcase) and call directly from the head unit on the car stereo. even this would have been something, but unless I have been misslead, I think this is only possible if you are familliar with the N900 OS and are prepared to carry out some programming (please correct me if I'm wrong though!!)

As I said previously, I love the N900, but it does seem that Nokia has forgotten it, and is leaving all of the future developement to the more gifted amongst you, to write the programmes in order to get the most from a device they can't be bothered with any more?

Vodafone won't admit that this shortcomming was not documented, and all I was asking them, was if they are able to offer a solution (even if it meant me purchasing a second device (with voice dial) and swapping the sim over (far from ideal I'll grant you!)
but re directing calls / swapping sims over / and prodding the keypad of the phone while driving was not what I bought the N900 for!!

If I didn't love it so much, I'd ditch for the Apple Cash Cow!!!