View Single Post
Hi everyone!

After reading through a few posts on this great forum, I've decided I need some more info (while drooling over the photos of the N900 that're available so far) on the PIM synchronization capabilities of the N900.

Right now I'm using a WinMobile device, which is very tightly integrated with Microsoft Outlook - when ActiveSync is working, the combination isn't half bad... I'm still trying to decide whether or not to make the leap from WinMo to Maemo5, because I'm a bit afraid to lose the awesome PIM capabilities on WinMo (pretty much the only thing that OS actually does well )...

Now, I've never used a Nokia device before, so: What synchronization options will be available for getting my contacts, appointments, tasks and notes onto my laptop? What programs are recommended with the N900? Will Outlook work (although a complete switch to Thunderbird with Sunbird would be even better, if it's fully supported and all the features work well)?

I'd love to be able to move to a complete OTA sync system, but I'm guessing that's still problematic without workarounds a la ScheduleWorld or an Exchange Server...

Any thoughts on this? What should a former WinMo user take into account?

Thanks in advance

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bemymonkey For This Useful Post: