View Single Post
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Fortaleza @ Brazil
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Qt was a good concept, QML sort of ruined it for me, the way Maemo 5 had Qt was the best way, have stock QWidgets themed with a theme engine so it looks similar to the OS.

Harmattan didn't implement this sadly, so QWidget based apps look/behave bad on it, so you're stuck with rewriting your Qt apps again for Harmattan.
Instead of writing a theme engine for Harmattan, Nokia embraced QML, which is not that mature imo. MTF is good but involves rewriting the app, and it's only compatible with MeeGo then. QML is good but you have to do everything from scratch (components are just examples prepared in a package in my opinion).
I was believing that QT apps could be like "Java Apps" - Write once, run anywhere. I think that Nokia Lumia can be a success here in Brazil because the Nokia is the most remembered cellphone producer and here in "Nokia Store" in Northeast of Brazil, a lot of XBox 360 were sold together with Nokia Lumia 900 for first amounts of this cellphone.

Translating from: http://rcell.com.br/rcell/2012/03/no...rar-lumia-800/

The new devices Lumia Nokia Phone with Windows system debuted in Brazil on Thursday (22) with a new partnership between Microsoft and the company: the first 200 customers who purchase the new 800 Lumia win an Xbox 360 with Kinect sensor. In all, 200 kits will be available "Xbox 360 + Kinect" divided among the 10 participating stores Nokia promotion. Therefore, only the first 20 who purchase the new device at each of these sites is to win the game and the motion sensor from Microsoft. Nokia's stores that will be promoting: Shopping Recife (PE); Shopping Flamboyant (GO); Courtyard Bethlehem (PA); Iguatemi (BA); Shopping Island (MA); Shopping Eldorado (SP); Shopping Barra (RJ), North Shopping (RJ); BH Shopping (MG) and Amazonas Shopping (PM). Lumia The Nokia 800 is Nokia's bet to play the market with equipment consolidated as the Galaxy S II and iPhone 4S. It will also help to enhance the entry of Microsoft and Windows Phone in Brazil. Lumia The screen 800 has a 3.7 "AMOLED ClearBlack, 8 megapixel camera, 16GB internal memory, Qualcomm MSM8255 processor 1.4 GHz system and Windows Phone Mango. Already the Lumia 710, which will be manufactured in Brazil, has more modest settings and comes as a smartphone with Windows Phone input. The device has a screen 3.7 "TFT ClearBlack, 5 megapixel camera with LED flash and internal memory of 8 GB.

Update on 21/03 at 14h44: Nokia sent a statement stating that due to logistical problems, the promotion that will give an Xbox for the first 800 buyers Lumia will be held on Saturday (24/03) only at the Nokia flagship stores in malls mentioned above.