Thread: Maru OS
View Single Post
I am not suggesting to run a chroot under sfdroid. I am saying having this opensourced with tremendous interest and possibly soon resources available, SfOS w all the above would be the mobile OS we have been wishing for since the Maemo 3. Sure EasyDebian on N900 was great, but kinda failed to translate to a broader success. I believe having SfOS able to be installed and hopefully seriously supported on a wide variety of until recently 4ndroidy hw opens for all of us the most amazing oportunities, which at times of N900 being the only HW we could only dream of.

The first note on true innovation was about how a single person identifies a need and takes on addressing it, not hesitating in open sourcing it, which is exactly what we need to move forward.

With all the hardware around it's finally time for Jolla to let go of the own hw and focus solely on the OS development and integration/support with the hw producers. The HW is out there, the serious interest as well ... should the new enlightened Nokia allow SfOS at least in the way Sony is trying, we'd have the most amazing slam dunk in mobile os space.

Last edited by beobachter; 2016-02-21 at 07:32.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beobachter For This Useful Post: