View Single Post
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Estel View Post

I just though, that part of things that extkbd does, is to manipulate /usr/share/X11/xkb/, and restore it back from backup, when external keyboard gets disconnected. So, I got an idea, that the same can be applied to /.debian/usr/share/X11/xkb/, thus achieving workign external keyboard inside LXDE.
That is not the case, contents of /usr/share/X11/xkb/ is a part of a different package (xkb-data-extkbd) which is backported debian xkb-data (v1.8 if memory serves me well). And extkbd just reads the keyboard descriptions from there(to fill in the UI list and to prepare hal script).

What I can think as a solution is to re-package xkd-data from repos (with a name like xkb-data-easydebian), so its content to be put under /.debian/usr/share/X11/xkb/ upon installation. And BTW xkb-data-extkbd makes a backup of /usr/share/X11/xkb/ before overwriting it, one just can untar it in the correct place.

I've used to know the hackery used by bt-hid-scripts, but that was a long time ago . And you are right, too many projects on my side, just cannot participate in this one too

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post: