View Single Post
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by thetao View Post
But to other USA users, does the current state of the OS leave anything out geographically or linguistically? Is there a USA keyboard? Is text completion in British English? Are there any problems with maps or with the weather, err, widget? I assume that acquiring OS updates doesn't need a VPN?
I use it as my only phone, and I manage about a week of battery on it in good coverage areas. The English keyboard works great, symbols and input are as expected. Text prediction works as expected, I haven't had any issues with it trying to use British predictions instead of American. Maps are just fine (especially if you still use the old maps rpm from the Jolla 1), GPS lock is near-instant, weather updates accordingly. Only major cities listed for timezones, but shouldn't matter as long as you know your GMT offset. OS updates don't need a VPN - though they do seem to be ratelimited or throttled when using a US connection. I often fire up a Finland VPN before pulling updates because it just goes so much faster. Let me know if there are any other use cases you're concerned with, and I'll be glad to check them out and report back.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post: