View Single Post
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Aw well. I'm inching that much closer to just giving up on the thing. I barely use my N800 anymore now that I got a phone with Android on it--and I REALLY prefer to have a pocket computing device OUTSIDE my phone to do most things.
I'm not giving up on my N810 yet - and I use it for exactly the same reasons as you - as a tablet away from the phone.

Instead I am trying to get interesting N900 developments ported to Diablo (as I am now rather certain that Diablo is the last OS we will see on N8x0's) and people like epage and our new Russian friends have been great at that (makes me wish I could develop (I tried years ago and don't have the brains [for it]) - and finding web apps that runs well (like Tweetgo.net).

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
If Nokia ever hopes that IT customers buy more of their stuff, they really need to do a better job of support all-around. This includes participating in open source--not just SAYING they do. Pointing at Google and saying, 'were doing more than they are' isn't impressing me anymore.
i think it is apparent to many people now that an 'almost open' OS run on a single/VERY few devices means that you as locked in and 'held hostage' by the manufacturer as if you were running an iDevice. "More" here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=44634
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2010-04-27 at 21:03.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post: