View Single Post
Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
ICS contains code that indicates multi-user functionality is coming, that suggests Android's coming to the desktop. Maybe the overwhelming majority that seem to have rejected the dull, blocky Metro UI on their smartphone wont want it on their desktop either.

It might not only be NOKIA's stock that comes under pressure. PC's are already in decline whilst smartphones and tablets are on the up.
Desktop is office and gaming along with some other specialized software. Nobody cares about the UI or OS as long as it is able to launch the right stuff. However, it seems like MS wants to tighten the grip, controlling the market of software, and by doing that they open up for Android. Android on a PC? why not, but not some half assed web cloud nonsense with Angry Birds, we don't need PCs for that.

Nokia stock. I would expect it would stay for some time at $1.5 ish, but it has climbed sooner then I expected. I think it's just people getting scared. You know, what IF Nokia "makes it" after all kind of effect. It could drop again before going up when WP8 comes into the shops. It could also be that people are finally seeing that Nokia is doing the right thing. RIM is as good as dead. Palm/HP is gone. HTC, I give HTC a year. Motorola is Google. In the end not even Samsung can compete against ZTE and Huawei.