View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Here we go again...

New beta version with powerlaunch replacement!

This version has a menu icon (Extras / Set Debian HW keys) that should make it possible to fullscreen Debian apps with the fullscreen key, and pressing the minus key followed by the menu key will make the matchbox keyboard toggle on and off.

I use xbindkeys to do this, and my initial tests suggest that the keys continue to work properly for their originally intended purpose unless you press them in the right order (minus, menu = keyboard). The only problem I've found is that I have to press the minus key twice sometimes to get it to zoom out, but that's ok.

If anyone can suggest a better key combination for the popup keyboard (keys have to be available on the N800, since they're the ones who really need it) please do! You can try out different combinations by editing /home/user/.xbindkeys.scm and changing the keys using these codes.

Anyway, here's the new version:

easy-deb-chroot-0.9-8

Users of the 0.9 series should just be able to upgrade directly, users of the 0.6 package or below will need to follow the instructions in my post above.

Last edited by qole; 2008-10-18 at 05:08.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post: