View Single Post
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Development plans
I'd like to add page caching/preload + on-screen paging buttons + manga mode and then push a version to Testing.

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Could you implement any other ways for page flipping? Slide gesture, or tap on the edge of the screen, for example. If so, the volume up/down buttons could be freed to be used with a media player.
I have made a list of possible paging methods that have crossed my mind:
  • on screen buttons
  • swipe gestures - might clash with kinetic scrolling
  • screen clicking/double-clicking
  • proximity sensor, shutter button
  • screen edge swipe - like in Microb
  • accelerometer based (probably won't work very well)

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
And my final feature ask, swipe gesture for zoom in/out. With the tiny screen of the N900, easy zooming is a must (it could also be mapped to the rocker buttons, as an option).
I don't really get this. Do you mean continuous zoom ? The swirl zoom from Microb would be nice for this, but might be quite hard to do right.

Originally Posted by figaro View Post
second one is, i hope you can also add a library feature.
I remember Comix having something like this - but it was unusable on N900 due to the unadapted GUI.

A library with a touch friendly UI would be nice indeed.
I was also thinking about adding something like "bookmarks" for specific pages. Mieru currently remembers only one page per chapter in history. The "bookmarks" might quite nicely blend in with the library functionality.

Originally Posted by lonk View Post
-currently the background color behind a comic is white, is it possible to have it in black? it's better for the eyes imo when reading it in the night.
Well, why not - I'll add a black/white selector.

Originally Posted by locolyric View Post
installing programs using fam. Installation successful,but cant find the shortcut . Am i missing something ?
No idea - note that the icon can default to a blue square right after first install due to the infamous Hildon/GTK icon loading bug. But it should display normally after a wile or after a reboot. If you are using Catorize, Mieru should be in the Graphics category.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post: