View Single Post
Posts: 91 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Im in a similar situation. My N900 didnt break, its just old.
The reason im using a Galaxy S3 LTE is: Its freakin' fast. My N900 is overclocked to 1 Ghz, but its still damn slow on the Internet - especially compared to the S3.
BUT: N900 has Stylus and HW-Keyboard, so the smaller Screen is actually more useful than the big Screen of the S3. Soft-Keyboard is a PAIN. Fast Typing with two thumbs and never make a mistake? After one month, im far FAR away from doing that on the S3.
Hitting the right buttons on the Web without zooming? No problem with Stylus on the N900. Almost impossible to do on the S3.

Since i have good eyes, the Screensize and Resolution of the N900 was (and is) ok for me - interacting is easy with the Stylus.

Doing the "Linux stuff" like administrating your little homeserver via ssh? Easiest thing in the World with the N900, but very painfull on the S3. The whole messaging-stuff? One thing on the N900. Dozens of different, none-interacting softwares on the S3.

So was the S3 worth its money? No. But now i have it, and since the N900 just IS slow, ill stick with it. More or less. My secondary-communication-device at home (running around, whenever im not on the PC) will be the N900. If Maego/Maemo/Tizen/whatever would (maybe it will soon) run on the S3, go to HELL android. Android is ok, but i really miss some important things.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChoMar For This Useful Post: