View Single Post
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Problem with "epoxy 2 component" glue is that it is expensive for small quantities and if you want to use it wisely you are forced to find a whole range of things to glue in one go in order to spend it wisely.
That depends on how it's packaged.
About 20 years ago my father bought some 2 component glue that came in two separate bottles, each holding about 100ml. Both bottles are about half-way done and we're still using them, by putting an even amount of both on a piece of cardboard and mixing them manually with a match or a toothpick.

I guess what you should avoid are those super-fancy apparatuses, that hold resin and hardener in separate compartments, but readily mix them in a common valve, because that valve will just get clogged up. Usually there will be one or two spare valves included, but you'll run through them faster than you'll run through the glue.

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Or maybe try a less destructive means: some square of high end double sided tape?
Watch out for the thickness of that tape! There's not a lot of spare room between the keys and the display if the device is closed.
Also I believe it would be difficult to cut and apply such small squares of reasonably sticky double-sided tape, without gluing the keys everywhere but where they belong. But maybe that's just me being all thumbs.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post: