View Single Post
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by arne.anka View Post
being tracked when doing normal operation like updating or installing software through the repos is a) not made clear somewhere (some tos safely tucked away in the bowls of the os are not binding) and b) imo illegal at least in the eu.
So what? Let them store track me. I created an account with bogus user and pass, and a disposable address, like I always do. Then I told them I have an N900 and that was it. They keep bugging me to confirm my e-mail and insert my phone number, I did none of those, nor do I intend to.

Note the legal agility of the Nokian lawyer: The site pops up an error in red your number is bogus/missing/etc, but it DOES save your settings ans lets you use it. Just because you assumed errors are non-continuable doesn't mean they do illegal things. You typed you number/mail/whatever there. You type it, you lose it.

When they require phone number to download, I'll be in the front of the revolution, while using a disposable SIM. I have a few lying around. And if they keep sending messages without asking so they get my real number, I'll find a way to bone them.

We can all meet somewhere and we rotate sims with each other. That way, all IMEIs will be associated with all SIM numbers. Flood them with garbage. I'll use every SIM I can get my hands on so they have 20 numbers from me.

This isn't the first time a company refused to delete my data. To this day, I'm only one event away from a perfect record.

I wonder how much garbage can be generated once I know what is being sent.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.