View Single Post
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Sailfish OS ! If the people don't understand the difference between Android and Sailfish, then take any one of hundreds of Android smartphones.
Nothing against you, but this exactly is what Jolla is doing to Indian market.
Jolla: Hey, I have a phone and it runs Sailfish.
Average Indian: What's that?
Jolla: You don't know what's Sailfish? You better buy an Android.

End of the story.

If you think so, go buy an Android smartphone. If you trust your privacy & security to Android, good luck.
I have happily imported a Xiaomi Mi3 and am using it since the last 3-4 weeks. So far so good.

Hey, you are in a Maemo forum, aren't you ?
Am I not supposed to speak out what I think about other platforms here?

I suppose in India, Jolla is just aiming TMO members. If yes, I can count them. I would be glad to see if Jolla manage to sell a few hundred units in a couple of months

Why is it so hard to understand simple logic? 99.9% of Indian population uses smartphone for the purpose it is made for. Not for the kind of stuff you do with your Maemo/MeeGo phone. And they would buy a "better" device at a better price.

Whatever I said is my view and my analysis. I hope I know Indian market better than Europeans

Lemme reiterate. Nobody here knows what Sailfish is, and it is gonna be a flop Mark my words. Being said that, I'm outta this thread; as you've mentioned, this is a Maemo forum

Last edited by ranbaxy; 2014-09-23 at 16:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to ranbaxy For This Useful Post: