View Single Post
Massive thanks for your work on this Matan, I’ve only installed the base Modified Hildon Desktop package and seems really useful already.

I’m just a little confused how to implement the other custom tweaks to this from the Wiki page. Apologies if this is a very basic question, I’ve no previous linux experience and I only opened the x-terminal for the first time yesterday so somewhat of a beginner. I have since done a few of the other simple MODs from the MOD thread (LED colour change, swapping Shift/Fn keys etc.) though so I can follow instructions if explained simply.

It’s the first paragraph from the wiki page that I’m not quite sure about...

From wiki
A few gconf keys affect the operation of hildon-desktop (change value of keys with the terminal command gconftool-2 -s <key> -t <key type> <new value>, where <key type> is int for integer values and bool for true/false values):
I understand (I think) that you type the commands into the x-terminal in order to activate other features, I’m just not 100% on what I have to add in the gaps, especially with the “int” and “bool” bits. Please could you/someone explain for a noob like me what I have to put or put in a example of how a command should look so I can work it out for myself? I did look at the other (old) thread but it said to disregard the information as it was now obsolete.

Cheers