View Single Post
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Personally I wish there would be more HTML5 related discussion and work. It's not a coincidence that I'm helping out the PhoneGap for Qt 5 project (and for Qt 4 as in N9 and Symbian too).
Myself, I find HTML anything a poor thing to do application programming beyond very simple applications. HTML is not a programming language but a presentation language, and the JavaScript APIs are not mature enough to create cross-platform solutions.

Incidentally, there's rumors that Meltemi will only allow QML + JavaScript applications (and by proxy of course "HTML5 applications). Were it so, it'd be no better than the old JavaME applications in possibilities.

Going back to this discussion, a critical point needing agreement seems to be the role you want Nokia and Nokia products to play in the future of maemo.org. More opinions on this?
I'd very much like Nokia to have a big role with products regarding Maemo, Linux, Qt, open source etc. but there's not much we as a community can do about that I'd think. I'll see what Meltemi brings, but I'm very doubtful that it'll be exciting for my specific self like N9 was.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post: