View Single Post
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
The only reason would be either a faulty usb port or a faulty usb cable.

The phone normally asks you which type of connection you want to use. If not they something is wrong (or you've defaulted it to not ask and use a specific connection type)
Hm, no no. The N9 works just fine, it asks me also what connection to use and it is useable just fine on my host system. But inside VMware it doesn't show up, not in the iconbar at the top and not in the list of the connectable USB devices. I tried all combinations at the usb device settings including activatating the USB 1.1 mode instead of USB 2.0.

The BlackBerry device in counterpart shows up as a icon in VMware but I'm unable to connect. It says always "the device is currently in use" - locked by the driver at the host. If I deinstall or deactivate the driver at the host system the corresponding usb icon at VMware disappears or I get a "driver error" if I'm fast enought.

I wonder now why it works just fine with your N9 at your system. Could you please share your setup?
I have over here Windows 7 64bit host, Windows 7 32 bit guest, VMware Player 5.0.0 build-812388.

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.