View Single Post
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Ok lets clarify things a bit here:
a. There are two types of zip files here: the zip file for the scripts from the first post ("conversations_modder.zip") and theme zip files from the wiki (eg:conversation_ui.zip)
b. You should unzip conversation_modder.zip to a folder in MyDocs. It should have 4 scripts in it.
c. Open Xterm, become root, change directory to where the scripts are unzipped. ie, do cd /home/users/MyDocs/CM/ if MC is the folder to where you've unzipped the files.
To confirm if the scripts are there use this command:
Code:
ls
This should give a list of files in the folder and you should see changename.sh, conversation_modder.sh, convport.sh and conthemer.sh
d. Now that you've confirmed you're in the correct directory, run the app as
Code:
sh conversation_modder.sh
It should start off with a window asking you what action to perform if you HAVE zenity. If not, please click here to install Zenity.
e. If you've successfully installed Zenity, do the above steps again to run the app.
f. It should then ask you for action.
g. Click on 'install theme'
h. It will then ask you to select the theme file. This is the zip file downloaded from the wiki (which has not been unzipped).
i. It will be installed as your conversation theme.

Now, tell me clearly, when are you getting the no file found error?on immediately trying to run the script? How do you know it is a segmentation fault?

I know going to the Xterm is not friendly, but I am working on an installable deb package. I just need to figure out how to et the scripts to run as root from the main menu. Please have patience.

Thanks,
Ejas
Thanks for all this it seems to be, I think anyway a problem with zenity starting, as on one occession it has allowed me to select a downloaded theme but on numerous attempts since it has let me, change the theme, just come up file not found with the zenity folders never appearing, not sure how I check to find out what is causing the problem?

I assume I saved the theme zip folder in the CM folder?

All the other con modders work such as back up & restore theme.

I have managed to update now using your contheme scrip but still no joy with the actaul con modder itself!