View Single Post
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I started downloading the update at work, about 30 minutes before going home. Risky but I thought, what the hell. By home time, only about 200 out of 400 MB had been downloaded. I had to leave sharp to collect the kids and cannot dilly-dally, so I closed the Settings app, assuming that the download would be interrupted and I would either resume or start all over again at home. So you can imagine my surprise when I checked it at upon arriving home and found that the download had finished and my credit reduced by amount roughly equivalent to downloading 200 MB through mobile data.
I have 3GB included in my data plan so for me it wouldn't have been a problem...but I always switch off mobile data if I don't need it, especially if I have to pay for it! Never trust what's running in background...
On my brother's Nokia 5800, one of the first days the A-Gps used mobile Internet without asking, stealing more than 10€...
Aaah, Symbian was a pain, with whatsapp I had to kill it several times with another app, since it was not possible to turn off mobile data, except of putting it to offline.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post: