View Single Post
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I have installed Nidroid with the autoinstaller in a fresh new micro sd 16 Gb class 10 from Kingston.

I had allready installed Power kernel v46 with bleeding edge wifi drivers, Backupmenu and Multiboot. All of them working fine.

Installation process for Nitdroid 0.08 went fine with the autoinstaller and now I have a new entry in multiboot for booting into Android.

But when press the option for Android, after some logging info in the screen about the booting process, a message in red font appears for merely a second saying "can't find init binary in target OS" and suddenly disappears coverd by more logs. Then the device restarts and I'm not able to boot into Android.

I haven't been able to find anything related with this problem. The multiboot entry seems fine:

/etc/multiboot.d/11-NITDroid-mmcblk1p2-2.6.28.NIT.06.item

Code:
ITEM_NAME="NITDroid 2.6.28.NIT.06 on mmcblk1p2"
ITEM_KERNEL=2.6.28.NIT.06
ITEM_MODULES=ext3
ITEM_DEVICE=${EXT_CARD}p2
ITEM_FSTYPE=ext3
ITEM_FSOPTIONS=rw,noatime,errors=remount-ro
Trying to mount the partitions on my Kubuntu box I receive this error:

Code:
org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume.UnknownFailure: mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdd1,        missing codepage or helper program, or other error        In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try        dmesg | tail  or so
Somehow it seems that the Autoinstaller didn't partition the sd card. If I use Partition Manager in KDE I can see that the previously created partitions (one 2GB ext3 and other with the rest of the space) are there (so didn't been wiped out by the Autoinstaller) and the Android partition gives this error:
Code:
e2fsck -f -y -v /dev/sdd1 
e2fsck 1.41.12 (17-May-2010)
Error reading block 1016327 (Invalid argument).  Ignore error? yes

Force rewrite? yes

Error writing block 1016327 (Invalid argument).  Ignore error? yes

Superblock has an invalid journal (inode 8).
Clear? yes

*** ext3 journal has been deleted - filesystem is now ext2 only ***

The filesystem size (according to the superblock) is 2098482 blocks
The physical size of the device is 526120 blocks
Either the superblock or the partition table is likely to be corrupt!
Abort? yes
I have tried again without any previously existing partition, fully clean sd card. The installer says:

Code:
Formatting /dev/mmcblk1p1 (vfat) ...FAILURE. Bailing out.
Finally, it was easier to install it manually.

Last edited by ivgalvez; 2011-03-27 at 18:12.