View Single Post
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I disagree here. Just the sales numbers would be accurate to gauge what's been sold and more accurate than what was shipped for instance.

The download stats - I know from even my time/experience that I downloaded the same thing multiple times due to either reformats, updates that went wonky or me screwing up my own install and starting back again with a new install.

So those numbers are a bit inflated. And in some cases, not wholly reliable - some of the best apps got minimum downloads for some reason.
I think lma's intent was to look for updates over a 24-hour period -- since most N900s are still running the default 24-hour update interval, that should get close, maybe filter for unique IPs as well to avoid double-counting manual updates or tweaked intervals (but also penalizing multiple N900s behind a NAT)..

Of course, not all N900s have extras enabled -- the SSU repo would be the ideal one to get data from, but AFAIK that's completely Nokia-controlled, so we may not be able to get stats from it..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post: