View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
What is the best option?
I have no immediate answer. Resistive to me has always been reliable, but can be influenced by the weather/temperature - shrinkage of the coversheet can lend itself to horrible detection in the extreme corners.

Capacitive is affected differently by the weather/temperature, whereas you have to use specialty gloves or some battery poor stylus to emulate natural media.

Both have pros and cons. I've been a creative and a programmer for 2 decades and honestly; hearing folks crow about old ****ing tech like it's brand new just bothers me for some unknown reason. Both are solutions with variable uses and applications.

And neither really are perfect. The geeks here will choose the simpler to deploy resistive. It's in their beloved N900 (or my own beloved N810 - my fave of the bunch) and it's in cheap hardware that can be bent and twisted to do whatever they want. Capacitive, it's in iCrap stuff and has a following that immediately is the polar opposite of the aforementioned group.

</rant>

Funny how that works. Neither are perfect and I've used both enough to embrace that with clarity.

Last edited by gerbick; 2016-06-28 at 18:13. Reason: Corrected a misspell...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: