Thread: Apple iPad
View Single Post
Originally Posted by Sopwith View Post
Despite the general skepticism in this thread, I believe that what iball describes as a usage scenario for an iPad or similar is indeed quite valid. I myself had considered in the past getting an N810 to use as a remote for my livingroom computer. I think that a touch screen would add an interesting spin to the interaction with a touch-naive OS, that including the on-screen keyboard...
Pretty much I'm getting one for remote access mainly. Anything else is "bonus".

Originally Posted by Sopwith View Post
But as iball suggests, this has to be tested first. Now, I wouldn't bother with the tiny screen of iP[od/hone], and the iPad is a couple of months away... In any case, for me the use as a remote terminal to my media PC does not justify the current price, I also have my reservations if the linear browsing model that iball describes fits my flow (while typing a post I often check words/facts/posts in parallel browser sessions, is that even possible with a single-tasking device?).
You cna have multiple web pages/sites open at once with mobile Safari on the iPhone. Tap a button to swipe back and forth across open pages/sites.