View Single Post
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by stefanmohl View Post
It might be possible to make a simple short-circuit signal between the keyboard top and bottom halves when opening/closing the keyboard.

That would require adding an extra element in the i2c stream, besides the data from the keyboard, and I don't know if you can do that. If that can't be done, how about a special gesture on the keyboard to turn it on/off? I.e. double alt, or something?
There seem to be a lot of questions about this subject, so some clarifications:

Hardware:
-there is no open/closed sensor
-the TCA8424 uses little power, especially in standby mode

Software:
-if we chose to cut of the power (3.3V) to the keyboard when it is not in use, we will probably turn the keyboard on when Mallit (on-screen keyboard is opened)
-if we chose not to cut of the power, we will put it in standby mode untill Mallit is opened
-When typing on the keyboard, I imagine it will be very practical to minimize the on-screen keyboard or replace it with special symbols/commands. But this is not something to discuss now!

Conclusion:
There are lots and lots and lots of way to streamline the use of the keyboard, which are all under consideration right now. Filling this thread with ideas/suggestions on how to do this will not help, although it is very friendly.
Send me a PM if you think you have a unique idea!

The Following User Says Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post: