Thread: Jolla C
View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
I disagree. I put Jolla on the hands of my brother and also on the hands of my better half. Which was a big risk that I dared to only live with couple of weeks, since her style of solving technical problems is to slam the device somewhere hard and curse it aloud

Both of them strugled creatly with Sailfish. Not because of using it or too difficult learning curve, but because of lack of apps. Neither of them are app crazy, they only use 2 to 5 apps regularly and no gaming. My brother is somewhat average with computer skills and my GF is below, I think. Both of them are quite bright minds. I thought this to be nice test for Sailfish and it was. Both really liked the UX and design of the os. Especially my brother.

But basically everyday they would call me how to do that, or how to manage this.

"I used to have an app on my phone that would show all the restaurants in my location with one click" or "I used to have app that shows local movie theathers and their shows" or "How can I use this phone in the gym with my excersice"

I gave up and installed google play for them. Basically all the problems went away. My brother only abonded Jolla because of poor camera. And I took the phone away from my girl since all her phones are destined to break from outside impacts and didn't want that to happen my Jolla.

I think that they are what great majority of phone users are. Dont know whether they are 70, 80 or 90 percent of people, but they are the great majority anyways. They are not bound to specifig brand, os or identity/privacy concerns.

"Google can automatically upload all my contacts and pictures. When I change phones I get them all automatically to my new phone, no matter the make. How cool is that?!?!?"

And that is the road to which we are going. Despite that the minority who care about these kind of things is getting louder and louder, the customer feedback data is clear. Customer wants the company to know him/her.They don't mind giving their information to a company that will in exchange supply them with "infinite" amount of life easing applications.

And to conlude this already too long allure, adding Android support was thus probably the smartest thing that Jolla has done so far IMO. If they ever are going to make money with their business it is probably the only way they are able to raise enough customers. Truth is that the money of the masses is not laying with likes of this forum for example. And sincerely not wanting to offend anyone with that! Money that companies need are with the likes of my little brother who sees cool phone that his friend has, asks whether it has this and that app, and then tomorrow goes to buy it whether it costs 200€ or 800€.

Ohh, and that phone he changed Jolla into. So cool! Has like thirteenbillion megapixels and can change profile based on whether it is connected to his home WiFi I smiled a bit when he told me this and had huge grin inside

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post: