View Single Post
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I wish that could have been done as well. But maybe the thought was that it opened the goal up to too much premature exposure. I don't know.
You know... and I don't want to be too harsh on this... but Quim said here (http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/mae...ry/003934.html) that, and I quote:

"The marketing approach was different: a surprise launch together with a joint Nokia/Intel keynote in the first day of the Mobile World Congress with a room full of journalists. Maybe not the ideal setting for community transparency but definitely a good launch in terms of buzz and repercusion."

And guess what? Windows Phone Series 7 stole the show. Off course the journalists where in the room... but not because of MG, but because it was MWC and they had to be there anyway.

So there wasn't much there in terms of marketing... but there is lots of confusion here, and probably in Moblin land too. This could have really, really, been managed better.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post: