View Single Post
Guys,

I would like to take a moment and thank all of you for extremely detailed and insightful opinions. I must say this is one of the best on-line communities i have seen and from the reading I have done while researching for N9, this forum is full of helpful and friendly people.

After a lot of back-and-forth thinking, (mostly about "from where to order ") I finally ordered a WHITE 64 GB N9 from ebay. I had an option on Alixpress (China) which was half the price but I was hesitant as some reviews said they received very un-identifiable replicas/ refurbished phones which they only came to know after they opened the phone at a service center.

I ordered this for 320 USD + shipping - item location being Hong Kong...so still in doubt but it's ebay so lets hope all goes well.

I think now i can start reading from a scratch and understand terms - there are so many - terminal, nano, flashing, QT, firmware image, PR something-point-something, SSH, eMMC, warehouse, filebox, Linux, Navifrm, RM-696, MILF (not really) ....

Suggestions for reading would be highly appreciated!

Cheers mates!

@nokiabot: it sure is beautiful!
@aspergerguy: thank you for acknowledging my homework and for letting me know what I can expect.
@juiceme: exactly what i wanted to hear - it is indeed not difficult and the learning it will provide will be fun.
@tioubxancur: very detailed reply mate - helped a lot...
@lal: i am looking forward to educate myself and be a part of this community...thank you.
@ibrakalifa: Well, BB is something that has never made a single appearance in my conscious memory...except now and iPhone is just a great thing that everyone has. I however understand where you are coming from...to avoid the complications...but I think I can take it. lets see...
@balisingh : I am not an agressive multi-tasker...so proably it won't slow down dat much... but in the corner of my mind.. I know life definitely won't become easier...but it never does when you buy a collectible car or a panda bear for a pet...but it is something!
@wrm: When you say people asking unbelievable price, I think you are referring to a crazy seller on ebay asking a 1000 USD! I know that's too much...I even messaged him asking him if he is out of his mind
@chilango: Good to know there are guys out there who still pay 300- 400 USD... it shows N9 is something! Thanks.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to astalavista84 For This Useful Post: