View Single Post
Great to see that Marble is progressing!
Unfortunately there are still some things that prevent me from using it
Some of these things might be lack of knowledge or stupidity from my side. If so, please tell me what I'm doing wrong

Generally, the app is missing configuration possibilities when it comes to map and routing services. I like the idea of OpenStreetMap, but it is missing some important cities where I live (Southeast Norway). Google would be a good addition, but even better would be a possibility for users to add services from the UI.

Routing sometimes zooms out completely (world view) and the route only becomes visible after one of the way-points was touched/moved. Way-points also cannot be removed.

The interface is still kind of sluggish and I cannot move most of the overlay elements. The scale bar can always be moved, but I have trouble moving anything else (speed info, ...).
The zoom buttons are inaccessible in guidance mode (yes, I know about the hardware buttons for this).
The possibility to display POIs is something that I miss a lot.
Voice guidance also does not work for me.

Routing with Monav is difficult because location names are converted to coordinates immediately, which renders making corrections impossible (location has to be re-typed into input field). And locations are not found when first letters are not in capitals.
With Monav there is also a major slow-down and entering locations often results in having secondary characters in a name (e.g. Nor2ay). Is Monav searching locations while they are being typed into the search field?

Puh, I hope that wasn't too much complaining