View Single Post
Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post
The xkbd layout file is pretty simple to edit, but i haven't seen examples with Function Keys in em.

Try substituting F11 for 'm' in the config file and see if you can hit an F11

It took me about an hour or two of tweaking to make my custom xkbd layout files.

Thanks for your suggestion . Once I have altered the layout file , how do I then load it ? It is working this sort of thing out that takes me so long .

Assuming my keyboard layout is on the mmc I imagine that I would need to issue the following command :
xkbd -k /media/mmc1/keyboardfolder/mykeyfile.xkbd | /home/user/dos/dosbox

I thought ( but could be wrong ) I saw in another thread that you have some experience with bochs on the 770 , is that any more stable than DosBox ? I was going to give it a try but realised that I would probably still need xkbd and a modified layout file , and so I gave it a miss ...

Sorry , I really don't understand Linux , this is my first 'real' Linux device apart from my Mac and HiFidelio , both of those have managed to 'hide' the Linux part of their OS fairly well , and I rarely need to venture into command line territory . I'd like to get the Psion Series 3a emulator to run though , as I wrote some useful ( to me ) applications for it that would come in very handy to have on a daily basis , hence the reason I want to master this .

Thanks for your reply , and thanks to anyone who feels generous enough to lend a hand .