View Single Post
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Hi Pali or anyone who can answer this!

I'm now following your instructions to compile kernel-power
(cd kernel-power-2.6.28; dpkg-buildpackage -b -rfakeroot)

Since I'm not familiar with dpkg stuff, I thought I might just ask you:

If I want to change the .config (which only gets applied after/during dpkg-buildpackage), can I just run "make menuconfig" after having run dpkg-buildpackage and then run it again after having edited the .config?

(I'm home alone this weekend, so I'm going to try it anyway, but a quick confirmation would be nice).

My plan is to remove some stuff and add some other stuff. Will let you know if I get anywhere..

Edit: I managed to add a patch file to the right place so that the whole debian-circus worked OK.

Unfortunately I made a beginner mistake with my N900 (replaced getbootstate with a shell script just returning "USER". Forgot to chmod +x it. G*d*mnmot*erf*cki*gsh*t! My spare N900 is essentially unflashable. Linux doesn't consider it a valid device and the syslog spits a thousand errors (-110 and so) about the connected device. In-kernel charging works, sorta, but I cannot use the dedicated mode (with the wall charger, obviously), so it charges about 50mAh per hour, at most).

I guess it's time to take the second spare..
Hi, .config file is generated by make. You want to edit file arch/arm/configs/rx51_defconfig (make take this file and place it to /.config). But kernel-power using quilt for patches and rx51_defconfig is also patched by quilt.

So you can edit directly defconfig diff file: debian/patches/rx51_defconfig.diff

Or use quilt to apply all diff files before debian/patches/rx51_defconfig.diff, then backup arch/arm/configs/rx51_defconfig, then apply rx51_defconfig.diff, make changes and generate diff agains original rx51_defconfig.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post: