View Single Post
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
Can I ask how you finally got ahold of a jolla phone? I'd like to get one too, but I'm in the US
After Jolla customer care totally failed (twice!) to answer my Zendesk question about changing my address to an EU address...

...and after I was done sulking for a month or two...

...I decided to acquire a Jolla phone anyway, so I asked my relatives in the UK to buy one. Then I visited the UK and "borrowed" it from them on a more-or-less permanent basis. I was already visiting the UK (I have relatives there, remember?) so it wasn't that much of an expense.

Technically it's not even my device, because it's registered to my relative, who also paid for it. Why did I do it like that? Well, Jolla customer care closed my ticket saying something asinine like "we don't cover your market right now but stay tuned!" when I asked if I could change my profile address to one in the EU and re-start my order.

If it wasn't for people like w00t - and the total lack of compelling alternative for my next device - I would probably still be sulking and wondering how long before my N9 dies.

In fact, I'm still going to look after my N9 very carefully, because without significant improvement I can't imagine living with the Jolla as a long-term device. I have enough stress in my life already, and I need a device which doesn't reboot unexpectedly, and which will tell me reliably what I am supposed to be doing next Thursday etc. etc.

Still - very excited about the potential of Sailfish. I guess it's the eternal battle: open vs. closed, exciting vs. reliable, love vs. reason, Alfa Romeo vs. Toyota Corolla...

Last edited by shallimus; 2014-03-17 at 16:09.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post: