View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
I sent a N900 plus additional stuff like FPC and blank PCB to Nikolaus, to do the mechanical evaluation. Should arrive today or tomorrow.

I'm about to start (or rather participate in) a skunkworks side project of this already skunkworks project, to offer FOSS modem based on calypso chipset (modem option #4 then), that would allow stuff like osmocomBB on Neo900, though at expense of sacrificing everything better than mere GSM (edge?) data and voice calls. ETA: 1 year, 2 years, never, who knows. Depends on progress of calypso project that's not steered or driven by me, I'm just supporting it and offer all the help I can.

Many thanks to the guy who came up with this brilliant idea, and hopefully will come up with FC-modems soon! :-)

/j

footnote: unlike the Option modules, such a free calypso selfmade modem will most definitely not come with any kind of FCC/whatever approval, so you most likely are not allowed to use it for normal telephony in your country unless you got a special licence to do so, and your own test BTS for which you need yet another licence obviously!

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-09-25 at 14:19.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: