View Single Post
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. I would explain into details later but it's impossible. My suggestion is to get something else if that is important to you.

Update: Here are some reasons behind:

- The PCBA has already proven bug-free and stablised. Even small modifications can sometimes cause some troubles and result serious delays. Plus this is a high end qualcomm solution, the cost will be enormous.

- We are currently resolving difficulties of the FPC of front camera and the screen, to attach to the bottom board. Plus the battery mounting method to make it removable. These are already not easy in structural point of view, I don't want to open more slots to make extra complexity.

In general it's not a good idea to implement it at this stage, considering risk, cost we can afford, and timeline. I would spend the effort in the internal structure, especially fpc with the moving parts.

And this is Lauta revival - like N9, the principle is to make the device beautiful, modern*, stylish and with a great choice of OS. It's not meant to be DIY. I also need to make it commercially successful, at least to cover the costs.

*Lauta/N9 had the best rear camera at it's time. So we have implemented modern 2017 dual rear camera system - with dual flash. Probably what Nokia will be doing if they survived today.
Seems to be more advanced than I thought already!

I agree with Zeta that USB-OTG would be wonderful, it offers so many possibilities that this is a shame it's not a standard. But of course it's not so easy to make it work on a device made from the parts and software that can be found on the market I suppose.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post: