View Single Post
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Thanks for your comments. They help distill the issue. I agree that in general council shouldn't distinguish between projects. But the rub of it is this:

what if, hypothetically speaking, there was a platform-related project that was vital to the continued existence of the community? Should council help that project succeed so that the community does not die or should it treat that project the same way as it would a fart app?
Yeah. I get that but wouldn't still add any named projects to the tasks list since those tend to get the attention anyway. Don't get me wrong. I very much appriciate what the CSSU folk are doing and it is something that one can safely call an important project for the community but on the other hand IMO all the individual application developers, hackers, testers, users, etc. are pretty much equally important factors in making this a vital community. The diversity is one of the things I like about maemo.org - You can find platform hackers, application developers, users, etc. in one place.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to timoph For This Useful Post: