View Single Post
Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by TimoJyrinki View Post
Was there something problematic in the installation of cacheme package from my repository?
No, but I wasnt aware of your port
By that time I was already in contact with Till.

Yes, unless the QML version is picked up by someone. There seems to be potential licensing problems, though, reading a Finnish forum... Till is quoted to being unsure if to actually release the QML source code with GPL in addition to the gcbrowser and gpx plugins. The packaging he has made states GPL as the license, but the files miss the headers.
For sure a QML version would be much nicer.
How ever for me it seems to be the quicker way to work a bit on the UI of the Maemo5 version. I tried to port my SleepAnalyer to QML but got really frustrated and stopped my mork on the Harmattan version, at least for now.

I started to fix the button and text sizes of the maemo5 version (for Harmattan) and will post it here once I am happy with it.
I got in contact with Till, if he is OK with it, we could integrate my changes into the disabandened Harmattan version, so we would have an official CacheMe for Harmattan, even it's ugly, but functional.
Else I might have to change its name, icons and many other things

Given that, I'd see that investigating AGTL more would be a good option as well which is stricly licensed as open source. Reworking the UI in Python with PySide might be easier than reworking CacheMe's code, and the AGTL upstream might be more willing to support Harmattan UI officially.
I never really was happy with AGTL, even on the N900. The symbols are to small and I still struggle to understand how to use it.
But if you want to work on that, 2 apps for sure would be better than one app.

BTW:
On the Cacheme version for Harmattan I noted, that the compass is 90° off (shows tho east instead north). Can somebody confirm this?
The Nokia "Compass" app seems to be correct.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator