View Single Post
Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post
I'm aware of your scripts, and I'm one actively writer of http://wiki.maemo.org/Fremantle_closed_packages Next I need wiki-page listing all preinstalled packages.
If you want, I can generate wiki page of all preinstalled/sdk/open packages.

I have found so many useless nokia patches (some are written for Diablo, some are merged to the upstream) that I will try good old "If it compiles it is good. If it boots, it is perfect"
For example nokia patched HAL package, it provides more addons which are needed for more maemo applications (some omap modules, gpio keys, ...). So make sure that you drop only useless patches (e.g apt patch which disable using apt-get for ovi store :-))

I didn't know that about udev. But maybe optification is not yet issue. If preinstalled packages fit before I hope they will fit after.
First create system which will work from one SD card paritition and then start thinking how to fit it into NAND+eMMC...

I'm not sure what is benefit for very this moment use gcc-4.7-thumb (of course in long term). During process phone might brick often, so flashing should be easy and fast. Maybe this is good time to create own Fiasco-image with thumb-support.
Old gcc in scratchbox has some bugs and is old. Rather use new gcc which has fixed bugs and have thumb2 support for n900. Really forgot not about flashing via flasher-3.5/0xFFFF. Use sd card and untar your rootfs directly. If this will work, I can write hints how to generate ubifs for nand and how to pack it into fiasco image with 0xFFFF.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post: