View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
It isn't down to the number, at least (I just tested it with 4k contacts, though that will keep my device warm enough that I can turn the heater off for a while... )

Can you tell me more about where (& how many) these contacts come from? What details you have on them? How long does it take to crash? etc.

I used MfE to add contacts to my phone. after i deleted the account, the contacts remained in the phone without being linked to any account.

on re-adding the MfE account, i had 2 copies of those 1353 contacts. tried to do the merge but immediately on pressing refresh, the app closes. no merge is done. i've to manually merge the contacts. even a manual merge is temporary meaning if i manually merged 50 contacts, upon reboot those 50 contacts are un-merged.

its irritating so i've to delete my MfE account then delete all contacts. however, after marking all contacts for deletion, the app crashes when i press delete.

finally i'd to reflash and added the MfE account.

that's why i wanted to know what is the limit on the contacts app. it is surprising the app's functionality is so limited when even older nokias on symbian are able to do this seamlessly.