View Single Post
Originally Posted by zail View Post
What is so TERRIBLE about it??

Call me dim but I'm really not seeing why this is an issue at all. In pc world there have always been mutiple different places to download "apps" - it's only in unjailbroken I-world (and parts of symbian world) that there's only been one tightly controlled place. IMHO that is not a model for an open source system to follow. Rather than expecting meamo/meego/n900 to follow a closed phone model we should be happy that's it's following a more open model.
I don't understand this mentality that anything done the Apple way is automatically the wrong way. An example is the capacitive screen issue. Every maemo fan seems to absolutely hate it despite the fact this is what the general public prefers. However, if Nokia had never ever used resistive screens and Apple always used resistive I bet alot of money that half of the people screaming that they hate capacitive screens would be banging on about how much they love it.

It is annoying because I go into the applications manager in my phone. I look through what is there. I then have to go on my PC and look what there is elsewhere. That is an unnecessary extra step. Open or closed it is irrelevant. What is relevant is convenience for the end user. I guess this boils down again to the point about this device not being for the average consumer who wants things accessible?

By the way I am not suggesting the items in the app manager should be on the Ovi website. I want all the apps in Ovi to simply be in the application manager so I don't have to waste my time going to Ovi.