View Single Post
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ München, DE
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
This keeps coming up over and over in thread after thread. I agree with the premise on the surface, but have to admit that the counterarguments were convincing. Bottom line, there's considerable resistance from many of the people who would be affected...
I don't see the need for that either (well, I don't see the need for web fora when you have mailing lists, either, so I am prejudiced).

I think people should be valued by what they say and do and not by some tags. Because what makes a Nokia employee so special here except that he might know some internals about - let's say - battery monitoring.

If he can say something and sees the request in a thread, he probably will say something. If not he won't. Would he himself behave differently when he has a "NOKIA" tag attached to him? I don't think so. So where's the use in that tag then?

EDIT: Reading the Topic's title - why does "works at Nokia" make someone important here on maemo.org? Wouldn't council members be more important? Or programmers? Or people who run the platform?

Last edited by range; 2009-11-15 at 19:12. Reason: Just a thought

The Following User Says Thank You to range For This Useful Post: