View Single Post
Posts: 108 | Thanked: 329 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hi people! Haven't been here in a while. I'm proud to announce our new game "Defense Gear" is available for Maemo now. It's a 3D tower defense game with some twists (targeting areas and manual aiming on demand, etc.) We're in a competition again, so please support the Android version by downloading and rating, it's available on Google Play and would mean a lot to us.

As far as Maemo version is concerned, I guess it's a game that should run at 60 fps, but I'm no Carmack and I set it up in a way that (mostly) holds 30 fps. It's made for Androids primarily, which are diverse, and the game can scale with frameskip and detail settings. Defaults are 30 fps, medium-res textures and high geometry and effects. That's a preset I'm happy with on my N900. If you want to tinker around, you can open up settings.ini and set frameskip to 1 (target 60 fps) lower the settings in-game, overclock and whatnot. Antialiasing setting doesn't do anything, didn't have the time to remove the checkbox. Also, as with my previous games, I still don't know a way to enable VSync, so there will be some tearing. All in all, I think it's a playable port. For now, I'll just post the archive for advanced and adventurous users to try out for now. Please let me know if you have any problems running or have any general feedback. Depending on how you transfer the game on your phone, you may need to do something like this:
Code:
sudo chown -R user ./DefGear-maemo
cd DefGear-maemo
chmod +x ./RevDefense
UPDATE: DEB is now available. Install it through GUI or with sudo dpkg -i Defense_Gear_1.1.0-0_armel.deb

Download DEB from Dropbox (thanks ade!)

Download TAR.GZ from Dropbox

Android version on Google Play (please rate!)

Our Facebook page (join in if you like what we do)

Previous games:
Reverstris Lite
Red Roll

Hope you'll enjoy it!

Last edited by TheBurek; 2012-12-15 at 11:38. Reason: Misspell

The Following 65 Users Say Thank You to TheBurek For This Useful Post: