View Single Post
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
http://www.precentral.net/palm-bring...ve-development

I guess you might want to know why am I interested on this kind of news... some random device getting commercial games. Well, I think you'll understand when you see what I see:
  • The Palm Pre has a OMAP3430
  • The Palm Pre has a PowerVR SGX and OpenGL ES 2.0 libs
  • The Palm Pre is running GNU/Linux
  • The official way to code native apps in the Palm Pre is using SDL 1.2, which has a standard interface and Palm has released their modifications in compliance to the LGPL.
  • Did I say it's getting (some) commercial games?
  • The N900 has a OMAP3430
  • The N900 has a PowerVR SGX and OpenGL ES 2.0 libs
  • The N900 is running GNU/Linux
  • The N900 has SDL 1.2
  • Thus the N900 could potentially run the same unmodified Palm Pre binaries (and vice versa)

Of course, I still don't know what the draconian DRM scheme will be, but even then, I think this is a pretty interesting fact to consider And hopefully, may induce Nokia to make a similar announcement in the future...

Last edited by javispedro; 2010-01-09 at 02:21.

The Following 106 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
aathava, acvetkov, ahmadamaj, aligatro, Andy1210, Anunakin, Aranel, bigears5000, bitflung, BLC, Boemien, bunanson, Bundyo, Buzrael, bzhnjm, c0rt3x, Capt'n Corrupt, cheve, cjp, Cue, D4rKlar, danramos, DarkAlucard, DarkShadowSwE, drax, dvergin, edgar2, efekt, elie-7, fasza2, frostbyte, fuyoh, giannoug, gr8rishabh, H3llb0und, Hellmur, hesham, HtheB, Hurrian, imperiallight, ivyking, jcharpak, jessi3k3, jflatt, JimKnopf, JMacalinao, John McClane, Joseph9560, kevloral, Kriek, lcuk, leetut, littleSev, lsw, luiscesjr, maartenmk, MaddogG, Magik, Maj3stic, maluka, mankir, Marcus, mariuscm, Marklar, maurososo, mece, melisa queen, MINKIN2, MJGibb, moepda, MohammadAG, mveplus, Natan_xy, nikigo, nology, nwrd1202, OVK, P@t, pantera1989, percy, porselinaheart, PUNK, purgiaali, qole, realmic, robbie, shazosbourne, smoothc, Sopwith, stlpaul, Stonik, strange1712, Strawman, suzuka, syncdot, tetris11_, Texrat, theonelaw, Transcend, travla, Trestry, unx, Veleno, woussie, wow23, xtian