View Single Post
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
My idea for now is to use those funds to preorder hard-to-source components so we don't need to buy them expensive in a hurry and then wait 12 weeks for them to arrive, once we want to start with mass production. Particularly I ponder about the N900 spare parts which get shipped from Asia and can take quite a while to arrive. What do you think?

/j
From an egoistic point of view, I see best-feature-set-possible "board-only" Neo900 (where you cannibalize own N900's parts) as a much more important goal, than "basic" Neo900 sold inside aftermarket N900 cases, already.

So, from my subjective POV, using exceed money for more prototypes/cheaper series production later/whatever is more profitable than sourcing N900 parts (unless we're talking specifically about parts that *need* to be integrated on board, like screen connector port).

I wonder, what others think, especially, people that pre-ordered already (unlike me, sadly, so their opinion is more important IMO)?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: