View Single Post
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Here are my proposals (sorry for double posting but that way more people will read...):

- A LinkedIn application.
There are tons of Facebook and Twitter applications. If you want to go to Social Networks, try to develop something new.

- A video editor application.
There is nothing related with this subject for the N900.

- An application to apply different effects to pictures.
There are two main applications to photo editing.
Ansel-A is a powerful editor but lacks simple effect to be applied by noob users.
Classic Print is nice and easy to use but only one predefined effect exists. An improved version would be appreciated (I have asked it to the original author before) with more predefined effects.
There are lots of applications for this purpose in Android and iOS that apply funny or useful effects to pictures.

- A good comic viewer.
Actually there are two comic viewers, cbrPager and Comix, none of them finger friendly and not fully featured. Apply finger friendly gestures for zooming and full screen, some suggestions here.
You can try to improve one of them or port an existing one like QComicBook.

- An archive manager.
Current existing ones are not finger friendly. You can try to improve Xarchiver or FileRoller (both GTK) or port Ark from KDE.

- Improve existing applications with a nicer GUI more finger friendly.
Some that I remember and that very useful: QStarDict (here you can see some suggestions), OpenSubtitles,

- A good looking Image viewer.
With 3D effects for categorizing folders of pictures like the QML demo for Flickr, nice transitions (cover flow) etc.

- A nice, feature rich, PDF viewer.
You could try to port Okular from KDE, apply finger friendly gestures for zooming and full screen, book page flipping effects, etc.

As an inspiration, take a look at other awesome applications for the N900 with very good looking GUIs like Someplayer or CuteTube.

Last edited by ivgalvez; 2011-03-31 at 10:10.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post: