View Single Post
Alright, I am not amused, to say the least.

My intention is to make this app as easily accessible as possible for anyone. Hence, I try to get this thing into Ovi store since about one week. I do this not to please Nokia, not out of some "ego reasons", but only to offer users the best usage experience, which in my opinion includes a convenient way for installation.
Unfortunately, I got told that some strange rule forbids me to place links to my very own application (nothing more, nothing less, a simple link to a *.deb file of the very application) on my support website and instead I should point the links to the Ovi site of my application. Which of course does not exist yet as my proposed application gets not included due to said "reasons". Some might see a hen and egg problem there.

I wondered quite some time if I should simply boycott Ovi then. However, I've come to the decision that it would not be nice to let users suffer for some strange issues that are decided somewhere else.
Hence, I remove all the direct download links from the support webpage. For you I will place up-to-date download links here in the first post. Which of course increases the work I need to do on each release.

Well, dunno if this app will at all attract so many users. Nonetheless, it is a little inconvenient getting put stokes in ones wheel while trying to release some app for free.

Last edited by Wonko; 2012-04-23 at 16:53. Reason: Fix typos...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post: